Statistics indicate that most homeowners prefer asphalt paving as the #1 choice for driveways. Most commercial building owners also prefer asphalt over other types of paving when constructing parking lots. Most property owners choose asphalt paving for a reason. If you are keen on finding out why asphalt paving is the top choice for most property owners, here are the main reasons;
- Smooth outstanding finish: Asphalt paving offers the smoothest, most attractive finish according to many property owners. Asphalt paving isn’t rough to drive on as is the case with stone and concrete paving. Asphalt paving also looks better. As long as professionals install the paving, it remains unmatched in regards to smoothness and aesthetic appeal. Although some people may prefer other types of paving due to differences in tastes and preference, most property owners recommend asphalt paving over other kinds of paving when factors like smoothness and aesthetic appeal are a huge concern.
- More flexible: Asphalt is also the #1 choice for most property managers because it is more flexible. Unlike other paving material such as concrete and stone, asphalt doesn’t crack easily when there are soil alterations underneath. Instead, it conforms to the alterations accordingly. Asphalt can flex around easily when exposed to a lot of weight. This unique trait makes asphalt paving very attracting since paving is always exposed to a lot of weight which may cause soil alternations underneath.
- Resistant to extreme weather: Asphalt paving is also resistant to the worst weather imaginable. Unlike concrete paving, asphalt paving can withstand the coldest weather without cracking. The paving can expand and contract effectively without sustaining any damage. Considering most regions in the world experience extreme climate, it’s clear why asphalt paving comes highly recommended.
- Perfect for sloped driveways: Most home owners like to have sloped driveways leading to the house, garage or parking lot. The same applies to commercial property owners. Commercial buildings are usually built on elevated landscapes. Since most properties will have slopes, asphalt paving becomes the most preferable type of paving. Other paving materials such as concrete aren’t suitable for constructing sloped driveways/parking lots because they tend to make the slope split from the base layer resulting in a cracked driveway/parking lot.
- Easier to repair: Asphalt paving is also easier to repair compared to other competing types of paving. Asphalt paving can be repaired in few hours to a day regardless of the extent or type of damage. Concrete paving and many other types of paving require a significantly longer time to repair. For instance, concrete paving can take a month to develop maximum strength and hardness.
- Better value for money: Asphalt is also the top choice for most property owners because it is better priced compared to other types of paving but doesn’t compromise on anything. Many property owners are keen on both cost and quality. Asphalt paving offers unmatched value for money. The paving is the best mix of cost and quality provided you work with the best asphalt pavers. The overall quality of your paving is highly dependent on the paving company you choose to work with.
- Equally durable: The overall lifespan of concrete and asphalt paving is 30 and 20 years respectively. However, asphalt paving can last as long as concrete paving if experts install it. Asphalt paving can also rival concrete paving in regards to durability if the paving is maintained properly. For instance, you should use high-quality de-icing products to make sure your asphalt driveway doesn’t get damaged easily. You should also inspect your asphalt paving regularly and remove any weeds, grass, and debris you find. Repairing potholes and cracks as soon as they appear is also a sure way of prolonging the life of your asphalt paving.
The above reasons highlight why most property owners prefer asphalt as the #1 paving material. One, asphalt paving looks and feels great. The paving is very smooth and looks great on all kinds of property. Two, the paving is more flexible. Asphalt paving is also ideal for all kinds of weather (including extreme weather) and perfect for sloping landscape. The paving also offers the best value for money. Asphalt paving is affordable to construct and easy to repair. The paving also lasts as long as the most durable paving. What else are property owners looking for in paving? As long as you hire experts, asphalt paving never disappoints.